Apr 5, 2012

Fair Gardens

Last weekend, there was a garden fair in Wels, Upper Austria. My mom and aunts had decided to go and since I really needed some time away from my computer, I tagged along. Also, I figured it would be a great way to find some inspiration for spring and take pictures.

Going anywhere with my mom and aunts, especially by train, is always bound to be awesome. Only problem was, we forgot the obligatory champagne at home (nobody cares that we actually left at 9.30 AM). Still, we managed to entertain basically the whole train...

The weather was so so. Luckily, it hadn't started raining yet by the time we got to the fair because part of the fair was outside.

There were a lot of visitors so it was wise to go in the morning to escape the big afternoon crowd.

And now I'll leave it up to the pictures to do most of the talking:

The motto of the fair: "Blooming Austria"

"The art of gardening is an art of peace."

Outside I saw a lot of amazing stuff I would LOVE to have in my own (pretend) garden:

Obviously I'd want a sauna

Getting ready for Easter

Awesome and unique chairs


Oh, to be a child again...
And inside, there was even so much more:




ARCHE NOAH is an organization whose aim it is to bring back endangered and forgotten crops. It was interesting to check out their selection of almost-forgotten varieties of apples, chilis, salads, and spices, to name but a few.
Arche Noah is also going to be in Salzburg for the opening of the botanical garden of the University of Salzburg if anybody wants to check them out.




The Siedlerverband reminded me of the fact that the simplest things are often the best (and most beautiful).




It was also inspiring to see all the garden arrangements:







And some more creative floral arrangements...

Can you spot the bottles?


4 July, maybe?

I like that this is so simple yet effective.




To end this little tour through the garden fair 2012 in Wels, this sign really made me laugh :o)

A very original "Please do not touch" sign


No comments:

Post a Comment